• Job Title/Grade: Technical Support Engineer / 52
• Business Unit/Team: GTS Symmetrix
GTS Shanghai Symmetrix Team is part of the global Symmetrix support team, which provides 7x24x365 support to customer’s most critical enterprise storage system. We collaborate with other corporate support teams in America Australia and Sydney to apply advanced systems level technical expertise to resolve standard to complex systems level customer issues.
· Candidate must demonstrate working knowledge with major software/hardware vendor support methodology and procedures
* Excellent written skills and verbal communication skills in English
* Candidate must process working knowledge of storage area network or IP Networking
* Working knowledge of UNIX Linux or Window Server operating systems is a plus
* Hands on experience with EMC or other vendor’s storage products is a plus
· Candidate must demonstrate strong problem solving and decision making skills
* Candidate must have strong technical attitude and willing to take challenges
· Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, with minimal supervision.
· Must demonstrate the ability to follow defined process and procedures which contain decision points
* Internal candidates should demonstrate specific knowledge of EMC products. Familiarity with Customer Service Technical Support and/or customer facing/orientated environments is preferred.
* Initially working days, candidates must be willing to work a special shift pattern as required.
Bachelors (or equivalent experience)
2+ Years of technical support or related experience