- EMC Clariion Support team is looking for a (senior) support engineer to resolve standard to highly complex systems level issues for global customers. This position will require solid technical skills, excellent customer communication skills in order to provide a high level of remote support experience to our customers.
- Clariion is the industry leading mid-range storage system on the market. With its performance and scalability, the top enterprises implement Clariion into their SAN environment for their key production system. Candidates will focus on supporting the latest series of Clariion /VNX for our global customers.
- Applies advanced systems level technical expertise to resolve standard to highly complex systems level customer issues. Customer issues may be received by Support Centers through automated dial-homes, voice initiated technical calls from EMC Customers, Customer Engineers, or remote maintenance calls and Web Support Calls. Identifies and provides resolutions to a diverse range of complex technical problems. Mentors others in providing validated technical information, support process instructions and special support requirements. Engineers provide problem determination and resolution for customer issues. Develop and implement resolutions to identified problems, and follows standard practices and procedures. Identifies, records and works with management to proactively revise current procedures and tools to improve customer satisfaction. May need to engage or escalate to more senior resources to resolve more complex issues.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Applies advanced technical expertise using standard operating and diagnostic procedures to resolve standard to complex level issues; identifies documents and escalates customer issues to senior resources. Recommends and utilizes standard internal and external diagnostic test equipment and product trace and logging procedures; provide documentation and direct feedback to Field Technical Specialists, Account Managers, Sales and other EMC Technical Support co-workers as appropriate.
- Monitors and tracks all service calls, provides call status updates at regular intervals and communicates status to customers using Call Tracking Databases. Maintains a “closed-loop” communication style assuring all appropriate individuals are notified of ongoing issues and problem resolution status.
- Responsible for sharing all acquired knowledge concerning problem resolutions; leads efforts in facilitating problem re-creation and failure analysis systems level issues. Contributes to centralized problem identification and resolution databases; may have senior level tasks similar to Engineering for assigned product and skills.
- Identifies and interprets interoperability and support matrixes; identifies reviews, creates and delivers timely and highly focused training programs and/or serviceability enhancements within the Field and Remote technical support departments. Effectively communicates procedural and technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast paced and customer critical environment through a variety of mediums.
- Act as a remote customer advocate to champion specific customer needs for code currency, reporting and product knowledge in collaboration with field teams. Understands and leverages technical communication structure; may be asked to participate in virtual team training and product knowledge sharing meetings.
- Will participate in the creation and maintenance of eService applications such as: Chat, Knowledge-base content, Support Forums, etc. Regularly submits content to the knowledge database. Validates technical information and issues early warnings and disseminates information as needed.
- As a 24x7x365 organization, shift work, holidays and on-call responsibilities; may be required as well as occasional travel to customer sites. EMC Proven Professional Certification desired.
- Continues to develop technical and business knowledge related to EMC products.
- Escalates to senior resource or to engineering all necessary analysis to open engineering defect investigation.
- Trains and mentors less experienced team members in working technical issues through to resolution
- Help to manage the day to day workings of the business including the monitoring of work flow and metrics for the team.
- Help drive Support projects as assigned by management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Position prefers a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent industry related experience.
- Pursuing or is established as SME in 2+ identified technical areas.
- Candidate must demonstrate working knowledge with major software/hardware vendor.
- Candidate must demonstrate ability to react quickly to interrupt driven workload and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent customer service skills, including organizational, interpersonal communication, and presentation skills.
- A strong sense of urgency and professionalism is essential.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, with minimal supervision.
- Must possess excellent research/technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to support and communicate with customers over the phone or preferred communication method by customer.
- Internal candidates should demonstrate specific knowledge of EMC products. Familiarity with Customer Service Technical Support and/or customer facing/orientated environments is preferred.
- Familiar with at least one of the following Operating Systems (HP-UX, AIX, Solaris, Linux and VMware)
- Familiar with one of the following Fibre Switch (Brocade, Mcdata and Cisco) is a plus
- Familiar with one of storage product from the following vendors (IBM, HP, Netapp) is a plus
- Education Required: Bachelors (or equivalent experience)
- Experience Required: 5+ Years
- Others: Travel may be required.
- Language Skills: English fluent
- May be required to change work patterns as business dictates.