职位：Technical Support Engineer
Customer issues may be received by Support Centers through automated dial-homes, voice initiated technical calls from EMC Customers, Customer Engineers, or remote maintenance calls and Web Support Calls. Identifies and provides resolutions to a diverse range of technical problems. Develop and implement resolutions to identified problems, and follows standard practices and procedures. Identifies, records and works with management to proactively revise current procedures and tools to improve customer satisfaction. May need to engage or escalate to more senior resources to resolve complex issues.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies advanced technical expertise using standard operating and diagnostic protocols to resolve standard to complex system level issues. Identifies, documents and escalates customer issues to senior resources. Uses standard internal and external diagnostic test equipment and product trace and logging procedures.
- Effectively communicates procedural and technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast paced and customer critical environment. Maintains a “closed-loop” communication style assuring all appropriate individuals are notified of ongoing issues and problem resolution status. Responsible for sharing all acquired knowledge concerning problem resolution. . Contributes to centralized problem identification and resolution database. Leads efforts in facilitating problem recreation and failure analysis of systems level issues. Recommends and utilizes a wide variety of test equipment, diagnostic tools and techniques used in problem resolution. May provide documentation and direct feedback to Field Technical Specialists, Account Managers, Sales and other EMC Technical Support co-workers as appropriate.
- Identifies and interprets interoperability and support matrixes. Identifies, reviews, creates and delivers timely and highly focused training programs and/or serviceability enhancements within the Field and Technical Support Departments.
- Communicates effectively to internal and external customers as necessary through a variety of mediums.
- Monitors and tracks all service calls, provides call status updates at regular intervals and communicates status to customers using Call Tracking Databases.
- Validates technical information and issues early warnings and disseminates information as needed. As a 24X7X365 organization shift work, holidays and on-call responsibilities are must.
- Continues to develop technical and business knowledge related to EMC products.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Position prefers a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent industry related experience.
- Candidate must demonstrate working knowledge with major software/hardware vendor.
- Candidate must demonstrate ability to react quickly to interrupt driven workload and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent customer service skills, including organizational, interpersonal communication, and presentation skills.
- A strong sense of urgency and professionalism is essential.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to support and communicate with customers over the phone or preferred communication method by customer.
Education Required: Bachelors (or equivalent experience)
Experience Required: 3-4 Years
Tech Skills: Strong Linux skill is a MUST
Language Skills: English fluent